There are a lot of ways on how you can boost your website performance. Some of them work for you while some of them don’t. Those which work great for your site do not necessarily work for others. There are a lot of criteria which need to be taken into account when it comes to assessing the feasibility and usefulness of certain methods for upgrading the performance of one’s site.
There are various types of ways where we can approach to upgrade the performance of your site, however today what we wanted to focus on are those which we can work on from the front end performance which are those pertaining to the web pages and websites which can be optimized with very little of your time but yet it is effectively responsible for your website’s response time.
Here are a few key ways on how to improve your website’s performance –
• One of the ways to improve the speed of your website is by profiling your web page by utilizing Firebug, a tool which helps to identify components which can be optimized to be as small sized as possible. Firebug helps you to hunt down huge files which take up a great amount of disk space from your site.
• Saving images in the right format will help to reduce the initial file size of the image itself. Although there are 3 common web image file formats which are largely used by the web-masters today, JPEG,GIF and PNG. In general, JPEG is used for realistic photo with fine color tones and sound design, while the other 2 types should be used on images with solid colors and discrete designs.
• Utilizing the server-side compression to reduce the file size of the page objects, which is very similar to the process of zipping up a large file before you sent it through email to others. For those wealthy web-masters who own their own dedicated server, installing a user-friendly application to handle the action of compression instead of using the server-side compression itself.
• Minification refers to the process of deleting any unnecessary characters such as tabs, spaces, brackets, etc to reduce the original file size from the source code as much as possible. Web-masters of today are fortunate to find that there are numerous minification options which are available from the market today. These minifying tools are very useful and they are available at your disposal for minifying one’s CSS and Java Script files without any problems at all.
• Monitor the performance of your web server consistently and periodically is essential for this helps you to keep up with the performance of your web server to ensure that it is performing at its optimal level at any given point of time. Your web-server should be powerful enough to handle the growing traffic at your website At the same time, it is necessary to perform periodic checking and maintenance services for your web server with one key objective in mind – which is to extend the life-span of your web server as much as possible.