As technology moves ever forward, how are you leveraging it to address your business’ complex and evolving needs? It is no secret that it’s easier – and more “green” – to conduct business using less paper, yet the true value of going digital goes far beyond the simple consumption of paper and ink. A cloud-based labor management approach can bring more value to your company than you may realize.
Old habits often die hard but there’s no denying that paper-based organizations are often viewed as backward and outmoded. Manual time and attendance processing is inefficient, costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, the arrival of cloud-based computing means simplified, flexible solutions are now within easy reach for most businesses.
Here are some benefits you can realize by a move to a paperless labor management system:
1. Compliance and accuracy: helps you easily capture time and attendance data for accurate payroll processing and labor law compliance. You can eliminate error-prone manual calculations while still maintaining flexibility to meet your employees’ needs.
2. Workflow automation: streamline time-sensitive tasks such as leave requests and approvals. Boost efficiency by ensuring that staff members are notified quickly when actions are needed. On boarding sequences can be programmed automatically, scheduling and forecasting become less resource-intensive. Files are more readily accessible from workstations, making record retention and retrieval easier.
3. Increased self-sufficiency: employees, managers and HR staff gain from paperless transactions. Self-service workflows give employees and managers access to the information they need to make informed decisions while status inquiries and paper requests become a thing of the past. Employees gain access to schedule, time balances and PTO requests themselves, freeing up supervisors’ and HR staff time.
4. Integrated solutions: gain insight into operations and enable more focused business analysis. Realize efficiencies in scheduling based on workforce requirements. Measure actual hours against projections. You also gain insight into workforce productivity trends, allowing smart decisions based on real-time information, taking advantage of rich data collection opportunities.
5. Access to field data: gain productivity and ensure that information is up-to-date regardless of workforce location. Cloud-based labor management supports you wherever you are, and is accessible through all kinds of devices, providing true responsiveness. Time reporting provides critical employee payroll, scheduling and historical trend information.
6. Disaster recovery: in the face of disasters such as fire or flood, know that critical documents are accessible and protected.
Finally, if your business believes it’s important to the environment to reduce paper consumption and adopt a greener approach, not only will going digital cut costs and streamline productivity, but shifting to cloud-based labor management can help your business do more with less, leaving a smaller environmental footprint.