You have decided it’s time to sell your home, and hire the real estate agent, you feel, might do, the best job, to meet your personal needs, and necessities. Since, for most of us, the value of their house, is their single – biggest, individual, financial asset, it’s important to pay keen attention, to what each, potential agent, says, and proposes, and choosing your representative, as wisely as possible! One important issue, and consideration, to thoroughly, discuss, in advance. is determining, which media sources, and types, might bring, the most, bang – for – the – buck, and produce the results, you seek, and desire. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 categories. and differentiate between them.
1. Print: Some print sources, to be considered, include: newspapers (local, regional, state – wide, and national); magazines (different sizes, distributions, niches, etc); circulars; etc. How will you use these, and, how do these relate, on the cost/ value, scale? Today, real estate marketing, often, depends less on print media, and more on internet marketing, but, for certain properties, in specific areas, the buyers you seek to attract, still focus on print ads. Know your market and your niche, and maximize the bang – for – the – buck!
2. Radio and television: These vehicles are probably better, for getting, a greater degree of name recognition, than, in most case, for marketing any particular house. However, obtaining wider recognition, often, makes other forms of advertising and promotion, more effective!
3. Websites: A real estate agent’s personal website, as well as his broker’s, should attract qualified, potential buyers, as well as enhance recognition and awareness. They should be used to make a statement, which should be, how you, specifically, differ, in a positive way, from your competition, as well as what your broker’s presence, can do, for your client! Many print vehicles also have a significant presence on the internet, so pay attention, to the possibilities! It is often valuable, to ensure, your listings, are promoted, also, on significant real estate websites, such as Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, MLS,com, etc.
4. Social Media: Many studies indicate, today, many people use Social Media, for their primary source of information, etc. Real estate agents should effectively use these vehicles, to gain greater attention, to his listings. This should be used, not only to market properties, but to effectively create your personal brand, in a positive, distinctive way. Ask yourself, why should someone, hire me!
5. Direct mail: Direct mail marketing, including, especially, using postcards, is often, an effective way to promote and market, a particular house. Unlike ordinary mail, using a card, immediately, gains attention, so, be certain, you focus, on creating a well – created, message!
Smart, quality agents, use a combination of methods, and media sources, to maximize the exposure of his listings, to his client’s advantage. Budget properly, and plan accordingly!