Facebook is one of the social network sites with the highest growth rate. If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s fourth largest country. Facebook added 100 million users in less than 9 month! It has become obvious: Social Networking and specifically Facebook is not just a trend – it is the way of interaction of the future.
If you are new to Facebook please view my other article on ‘Facebook – How to Sign Up’ and ‘Facebook – Personal Page, Group and Business Page’ to get started the right way.
If you are already on Facebook you have got an option to find friends you already know: via the Friend Finder, which is the place where Facebook matches people you might know through mutual contacts. You can find those friends under the heading ‘Suggestions’ in the right column in your ‘Home’ Facebook page.
What if you want to find someone by their email address? Follow these simple steps:
1. Find their email address in your contact list
2. Copy the email address to make sure you have got the correct address
3. Go to your Facebook page, sign in, if you haven’t already
4. In the top section next to the Facebook logo you can find three symbols and the search box next to it – paste the email address into the search box
5. Click on the search symbol or hit enter on your keyboard
6. Members with the email address will appear in a list
7. On the left side of the search results you will see whether the result is part of ‘people’, ‘pages’, ‘groups’ or other areas. Choose the one you are looking for, in your case ‘people’.
What if the person does not appear after the search?
Either the person whose email address you have entered has not yet become a member on Facebook or is using another email address than the one you have entered.
In that case you can send them a message through Facebook and invite them to join. The search function will give you that step as an option if your search has not been successful. If you do not see that option, click on ‘people’ in the left column.
Alternatively simply send them on old-fashion email asking them whether they are on Facebook and if they want to add you as a friend!