Are you a new online surfer who wants to succeed in affiliate marketing? Do you want to sell your products and services but don’t know how? There is one important thing that you should know, you can succeed or fail, and it all depends on you. Here are basic facts that you can learn regarding affiliate marketing. As an online newbie and this being a new online ventures it is important to understand what affiliate marketing is and its significance.
What is affiliate marketing?
It is a type of online marketing in which a seller or marketer sells his product or services and enlists the services of other online users to maximize the exposure of his product. For every click, visit or sales of the Internet marketer, the affiliate who had helped in the venture is rewarded with gifts or cash, depending on what was agreed upon. There are many aspects of Affiliate marketing that an online newbie should learn.
How can an Internet Marketer/advertiser use Affiliate marketing?
By enlisting affiliates, who would display ad widgets, links, and photos in his/her own site and who can send traffic or visitors to the marketer’s site or advertiser’s site. The number of visits or sales concluded would earn for the marketer and the affiliate as well. For every visitor or sale, the affiliate sends to the marketer’s site he receives gifts or cash as earnings from the ads. It is a profit-sharing scheme between affiliates and marketers. You could opt to be the affiliate or the marketer. Either way, you should learn about the rules.
These are the steps that an online newbie can do to take advantage of affiliate marketing:
- Create a site/blog if you still do not have one.
- Increase traffic to your site/blog by writing good content regularly, joining social, and networking sites, micro blogging like Twitter and Facebook and create links from those sites to yours. This will attract traffic to your site. As most online users would say, “Content is King” but networking is Queen. As an online newbie, you should know this.
- Enlist your site/blog in search engines like Yahoo and Google. Just visit these sites and add the URL of your site to theirs. This will facilitate the search engine in recognizing your site more easily.
- Leave well thought of comments in other sites this will bring in more visitors to your site.
- Determine your rank with Alexa and Google Page Rank (GPR) as this will attract Internet marketers to advertise in your site. If your ranking is good, then you can post the widget of your GPR in your site for advertisers to see.
- After your traffic has increased, you can now apply to sites that are into affiliate marketing. These sites only approve those who have high Google Page Rank. Almost all sites who sell products and services invite affiliates. You could even earn when you refer other affiliates, these are called your referrals.
- There are services who offer affiliate marketing to their clients even without a GPR, like webhosting sites, writing sites and many others. All you have to do is to post their widgets in your site.
Even if you are an online newbie, you can engage in affiliate marketing as long as you know the basics.